Fitnessgram Teacher Information
This page contains useful information and updates for teachers using Fitnessgram. Check back often--we'll continue to update this page with new information.
- 15-meter PACER conversion chart: The 15-meter PACER CD is available for schools not having enough space for the 20-meter PACER test. Use this chart to convert scores for a 15-meter distance to enter into the Fitnessgram program. The 15-meter PACER CD is available from our ordering department or contact your Human Kinetics K-12 sales representative.
- Download a copy of the sole source letter. If your district or school requires this in another format, please contact your sales representative.
- The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act Compliance Statement can be found here.
Teacher Materials from The Cooper Institute
These materials were initially developed by The Cooper Institute as a part of the Fitnessgram program and were subsequently published as part of You Stay Active by The Cooper Institute and the American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance.
Download free materials for activity tracking events. Click on the links below to download the desired materials. You may produce as many copies as needed.
- Get Fit -- Get Fit is a six-week general conditioning exercise tracking program. Participants are encouraged to exercise almost every day. Suggested exercises are provided for warm-up, strength development, aerobic activity, and cool-down. Students who participate at least three times each week are eligible for recognition. Forms include the exercise log, exercise diagrams and a certificate.
- Fit for Life -- Fit for Life is an activity log designed to promote regular participation in physical activity. Students track activity over an eight to ten week period. Point values are assigned to specific levels of physical activity. Recreational and competitive activities, a total of 23, are included. Other activities may be added as needed. Participants are given a total point goal and weekly point goals. Participants should be encouraged to try a variety of activities during their leisure. Forms include the log with the point values and a certificate.
- It's Your Move -- It's Your Move! Is an activity promotion program to be used in motivating children to participate in regular physical activity. Activities are organized to teach children that activity can be a part of most aspects of their life. Hip Hoppers is for children in grades K-2. Movers and Shakers is for children in grades 3 -4. Slam Jammers is for children in grades 5 -6. Materials include instruction sheet for parents, activity contract to be signed by children and parents, activity selection and logging forms, certificate, and a class progress chart.
Fitnessgram/Activitygram teacher training is available through Physical Best, a program of the National Association for Sport and Physical Education (NASPE). For more information, visit the program website at: http://www.aahperd.org/physicalbest or contact NASPE:
1900 Association Drive
Reston, VA 20191
Toll-free phone: 800-213-7193, ext. 489