FITNESSGRAM/ACTIVITYGRAM Training for the
Test Protocols and Software
TO: Trainers and participants in training sessions for the proper administration of the test protocols
Please follow this link for information and relevant documents specific to test protocol trainings for state and district trainers.
What if I can't attend a training session on how to conduct the FITNESSGRAM test protocols?
There are several non face-to-face training methods that FITNESSGRAM customers can use to become familiar with the program. Each of the following can be used throughout the school year whether you are learning about the test protocols or software for the first time or you just need to refresh your memory.
- Administration of the FITNESSGRAM test protocols
For the correct procedures to administer the test protocols to your classes, you can use the following:
- DVD within the FITNESSGRAM/ACTIVITYGRAM Test Administration Manual. Bound into the manual is a DVD complete with videos on how to administer the FITNESSGRAM tests. Easy to use with a menu option to select a specific test item.
- Online training course. This free course is based on the FITNESSGRAM manual and takes you through the philosophy of the program as well as a thorough treatment of the test protocols. There is an exam at the end of the course with a certificate presented for successful completion. The course is free, but is based on the manual and references the DVD within the manual for the questions relating to the individual test items.
Please register here for the online course.
To purchase the FITNESSGRAM manual for the DVD and online course, please call 800-747-4457, or order online through the Human Kinetics Web site.
To use the FITNESSGRAM software, you can use the help files within the program, the instructions within the FG manual, or you can access the software training videos as listed below.
- On the FITNESSGRAM web site.
- On the software CD. The software training videos are on each software CD regardless of version. They can be found in folders for Windows and MAC users. There is a README file within each folder on how to use the videos. There is also a license agreement that allows teachers/schools/districts to place the videos on networks or intranets or to duplicate the videos to CDs for better access by teachers using the program.
- On the FITNESSGRAM manual DVD. The software training videos are also on DVD within the current 4th edition of the manual. At this time they are not part of the menu options within the DVD. To access the software training videos, please read pages viii ? x (before Part I) titled, How to Use this Manual and the Enclosed DVD and CD.